Tuesday, August 5, 2008

30 weeks!


Check it out--i'm getting bigger by the minute.....and so is big boy Silas! We are now at 30 weeks and only 10 more (Lord willing) to go! This pic was taken after our Monday night Amigo fitty cent taco night (well, now they've increased to 75 cents...stupid inflation, but it's fun to say fitty). So, you can see i had more than a couple of tacos, because that sucker looks huge! :) I also have changed the photo-taking venue to the nursery....rather than the previous brown wall. Since we're closer to having it finished, and closer to having Silas here, why not?

We've had a good week, though i did have a little bit of a "scare" late last week. I had some tremendous pain in between two of my teeth on Wednesday and i was soooo fearful it was an abcess. The fear got the better of my sound thinking because i started thinking that i hadn't felt Silas move, which really got my freak out mode in high gear. I had an OB appointment the next morning, so i told my doctor all about it and though we didn't have a scheduled ultrasound, she whipped the machine out anyway to calm both of our nerves. She turned it on, slapped the deal on my belly and then there he was on screen--just perfect. Between the overwhelming sense of assuredness and just seeing him moving on screen (with cute little hiccups), not to mention i'm a hormonal pregnant woman, I started crying just looking at him...and i couldn't stop! What a sap I am! But, everything was good....he is so big (I hadn't seen him on screen since i was 19 weeks!), my glucose test was “perfect” his heartbeat is “perfect” and his amniotic fluid is “beautiful” (their words, not mine, which is why I probably choked up.....it just feels so good to hear them say things like that about this sweet baby) :)

oh, and the tooth--not an abscess! Praise the Lord! I went to the dentist the very next morning and it was just that a filling had fallen out and i'll need to get it fixed (via a ROOT CANAL!!!). I'll probably have that done before the baby is born, because who wants tooth pain AND labor pain together? Not this girl.

3 comments:

-brittany- said...

Bless your sweet heart.

I did not drink any caffeinated beverages during my pregnancy but one night I realized I had not felt Ada in a long while so I did everything to try to make that girl move. I was squalling crying, begging the Lord to make her move. I got Jimmy to go get me a Dr. Pepper (bc I heard they actually have more caffeine than Mellow Yellow) at the store (it was 2am by this point). Finally she was "woken" and kept me up for the rest of the night, but I did not care one bit. I was just thankful.

I love Dr. Newman and her ability to make us crazy pregnant women feel better. I could "hear" her in your written words. "He is just perfect."

P.S. you look absolutely wonderful. I have missed rubbing your sweet belly. Hopefully I will see you Thursday night. Also, I think I have already mentioned it and if I have I will just mention it again. . .Sylas' room is incredible. The coordinating wall looks soooo good.

Oh and thank you for the sweet encouraging words you left. I would love to take some pics of you guys sometime. It would be complimentary, of course.

d-o-n-e :)

Dave and Betty said...

You look wonderful Allison and we can't wait to see you guys. If you come to NWA make sure you let us know.
Dave and I with my mom and brother are coming that way in mid-Dec. and we are thinking about dropping down to Chattanooga for a quick visit as we zip thru. We'll see as we get closer.
We had a great visit with your mom when she was here for Kaiya's birth and with the Adam's as we drove thru Colorado!
Love you guys!
AuntB

Jessica said...

Haha! I'm glad the mystery is solved! I really missed getting to see you guys for the shower. I wanted to send a gift, but realized that one of them can't be finished until Silas gets here...the other...well, I just didn't get it before the shower.:(.