Thursday, September 4, 2008

New Do!


I got a new do! I have been growing my hair out for a while now with a desire to one day cut it off and donate it for the making of wigs for cancer patients (primarily women and children) who have lost their hair due to chemo. My Aunt Vicky has been battling esophageal cancer, and fighting a good fight. I've always remembered my Aunt Vicky for her gentle voice, strong personality, and long, beautiful black hair. When she went through her first chemo a couple of years ago, she lost all that long, luscious hair, which was what originally spurred me on to grow mine and donate it. Well, that day has come. I was able to cut/donate 10 whole inches--it felt so great! Not only because i got to give back, but it also gets me even that much more ready for Silas to be here, in that i don't have to worry about working with a head full of way-too-long hair. It's shorter and easier to deal with. YEAH! Plus, i get a cute, new hairdo!
Here's a progression of long to short.


Here i am in the chair....Monica, my wonderful hairdresser, had a great idea to take different pony tails of the longer hair in the back so they could get more use out of the hair (rather than lopping it all off in one fell swoop--in one pony tail).


And, here i am holding the ponytails....

And here i am with the hairdresser extraordinnaire Monica....post cut and style.

Silas liked it a lot too.....he was bouncing around just so excited! Here i was trying to calm him down :)





Another before and after shot.....












OH, and i never did a 34 week post, so here is my "official" 34 week pic, which was also the morning before the "new do." This week, he measures about 17 inches, almost as long as an American Girl Doll (!) and weighs almost 5 pounds, like your average cantaloupe. Well, this is at least what everything online says....since i haven't had a full ultrasound in a while, he could be smaller.....or BIGGER (yikes!) :)


Oh yeah, and I never did a 33 week post either--good grief, i have got to get a better hold on doing this posting thing! :) Here I was at 33 weeks--I changed up the background for this shot to show you the paper lanterns that are hanging above the dresser. It will be fun for Silas b/c he'll have something cool to be looking at (beside's his mom, dad, or Dee's face) while he's being changed :) I guess i need to get a changing pad, eh?

Now we just count down these last six weeks....well, five and a half now :)

2 comments:

-brittany- said...

I love your new hair cut! It is so becoming of you. I love your look in your pics but I think I like the way you had it fixed at Jenna's bday party even better! So cute! Like we all mentioned at the party, you need to seriously consider maternity modeling

Rosemary said...

I think you are beautiful -- from the inside, out!

Love you more than you know,
Mom