Monday, October 13, 2008

Silas is HERE!!!!!

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

We are proud to announce the birth of our sweet son, Silas Dale Fincher!!!!! Born Wednesday, October 8 at 5:41 pm, weighing in at 7 lbs., 9 oz. and 22 inches long (he's a string bean like his papa).


We ended up going in a little earlier than expected, but it was all in God's perfect timing! Here we are getting ready to leave and the way we were feeling that very moment.

We went in Tuesday around noon and by Wednesday evening he was in our arms.



I'll spare you the "in labor" pics.....:) and get right to our little boy!!
He is literally an angel and we could not be more proud or more blessed by this perfect little creation. Oh, and as if you can't tell from the photos.....he is a spitting image of Scott! EVERYONE that has seen him says the exact same thing....even the nurses who don't even know Scott made comments that they have never seen a baby look more like a parent. He is so precious!

6 comments:

Leah said...

I can't wait to see him!!! And kiss him, and hug him... He does look just like Scott! Sorry Mama! He is adorably perfect in everyway!
I can't wait to hear the details!(so I know what I'm in for,LOL)

Jessica said...

You know that you are making it hard to wait to meet him! He is SO SWEET!!! I have been checking every day to see if you had updated. We love yall!!
Aunt Jess

Beth Wheatcroft said...

Congratulations you two! I am so happy for you that you finally have this sweet boy in your arms. And holy cow yes he looks like his daddy. I just thought to myself "this is the first time I have ever looked at a newborn and honestly been able to say that he/she looks just like one of his/her parents." I pray that you are feeling peace among everything else that you are experiencing. Soak it all in because it goes fast - my baby is about to turn 3 - unbelievable! You two are going to be amazing parents. Congratulations again!

Unknown said...

Scott & Allison---Congrats!!!! Silas is so adorable. He does look like Scott. I was there when Scott was born, doesn't seem possible there is already a mini-Scott. Didn't think it was possible that another baby boy could look so much like his daddy as baby Gage did Tony, but Silas sure does. That's ok Allison you already know how handsome he will be. Grandad came over Saturday & I showed him Silas'pics from Will & Parker's page. He was smiling from ear to ear. All this time we knew his name was gonna be Silas but did not know what his middle name was. When we saw that it was Dale, you know I had to cry over it. Ha!! We are all so happy & excited for ya'll. Take care & talk to ya'll soon. Love, Aunt Tammie

Amanda Adams said...

4 more days and I get to hold him! Can't wait......

-brittany- said...

He is so flippin' cute! I can not get over the resemblance to Scott! Scott, do you love all these compliments you indirectly receive when people oosh and goosh over your son :)

Congrats! You two, I mean three, did awesome! Welcome to the world baby Silas! Ada can't wait to come and play!