Tuesday, May 13, 2008

18 weeks!


Here i am at 18 weeks (and three days)! The baby is getting so big--we're going on 6 inches now, and that's just head to bottom (not counting his/her legs and arms)! I'm feeling great, and even some days forget that i'm pregnant (then i look down and am quickly reminded!). This past weekend i got to celebrate mother's day too! Mom gave me some earrings, and scott got me the sweetest card...it had this little baby, probably no older than a few months old, with his little hands firmly grasped together (in prayer mode) with his cute little eyes all squeezed shut like he was just praying his hardest. And on the front it said "and thank you for giving me the sweetest, kindest, most beautiful and special mommy in the whole world. Amen."

Of course, in my prego emotional state, i couldn't help but tear up. Then the inside was a precious little note from baby him/herself telling me lots of cute sweet things, and then a P.S . that said papa told him/her that i could go shopping and by all the maternity clothes i wanted (which was a huge gift because i've been having wardrobe issues lately--and no, not wardrobe malfunctions!). But, what baby doesn't know quite yet, but will get to know very soon is that I am not a big shopper, so all the maternity clothes i wanted that day had to be bought within 30 minutes. :) So, the four of us (scott, mom, baby, and me) all went shopping and i was able to get a few fun things before heading to the movies, and then to the new Thai restaurant by our house. SOOOOO good--and such a wonderful first mother's day.

Back on a baby note (sorry this is a really long post!), i have actually felt MOVEMENT! They are like little pokes here and there. Very scattered and not every day....it's more like every few days....but still totally amazing! With the baby being almost six inches, it's no wonder! Also, the baby can totally hear everything now and can start to recognize voices. Good thing american idol is on tonight, because this baby needs to get to know other trade--my fantastic gift of singing. I realize that to most, it sounds like shrieking, but whatever. It's beautiful. :)

Okay--one week and counting until we know if baby is Scott Jr. or Allie Jr.!!!!! Stay tuned.....

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you had a good day! What's up with these Fincher boys and their sweet cards? I love it!

I CAN'T WAIT to know if it's Scott Jr. or Allie Jr!!!

Isn't movement the most awesome thing to feel??? I miss that. It really is amazing!

Amanda Adams said...

I cannot get over your belly! It's so exciting. I am glad you had a good Mother's Day....just think next year...baby Fincher will be here! And next week we will know boy or girl. I am so excited!

davidarambel said...

...movement?
It's the Thai food, silly!
Looking good there girly...
We miss you guys...and hopefully get to finally meet Will in August.
Hope we don't have to wait that long to meet Fincher!
Love,
U.D. (Ole' for Joses')