Friday, May 9, 2008

My very first Mother's Day gift!!


We got home from small group last night and waiting for me was a big surprise from Amanda and the boys!!! It's baby's first Razorback jacket (and i agree with you, Mana, it's never too late to start getting him/her prepared as true Razorback fan) and my very first Mother's Day gift! And, look it almost fits him/her! Ha, maybe in a few years....but this was so fun for me, to come home after a hard day (though small group was great) and have this fun surprise just waiting for me. Mom was so giddy she couldn't wait for me to open it. How many times does a woman get her first Mother's Day gift at only 4 months prego? Amanda, Parker, Will (and Chris too, of course), THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! It was such a totally wonderful (not to mention THOUGHTFUL) surprise and really blessed my day. I had had a rough one, as if you can't tell by the gorgeousness of my tired ole face :)

Also in the fun package was baby's first football! You think there's a little "intuition" here? Are you thinking what i'm thinking? A boyish jacket--and a football? A girl could wear the jacket, but i don't know a lot of girls who get footballs :) Hmmmm......

And, What's even cooler about it, is that right now, the baby is about the size of this football! In this second picture, i tried to place it right about where baby is in my belly, to compare sizes.....what do you think? It's a little hard to tell....ha! Thank you, thank you, thank you .....and Will, did you try this on to make sure it would fit your cousin? I heard you couldn't let go of the card you picked out for dee! And, Parker, I just LOVE my note from you. I can't believe you can write your whole name! Way to go, big guy. I love you and miss you all terribly.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

AWESOME!! I think of yall every time I see a baby Razorback something or other! I am glad to know he/she is already outfitted!

Happy First Mother's Day! I remember getting cards last year (I was only 5 months preggo!) and feeling so special!

Amanda Adams said...

The football was just too cute. No insinuation.....boy v girl. Like when I myself was pregnant...I have no "maternal" gut feeling either way! I am just glad you are finding out and I don't have to wait until Oct. to find out;)

The Miles's said...

A hog gift? I'm going to puke. We actually already have the perfect gift idea for your new baby when he/she comes. Wait, didn't you guys find out? I wanna know.....I guess I can wait, but if you want to tell that's okay too.

Go Hoosiers!